As an affiliate, I get commissions for qualifying purchases made through links on this website from third parties. Commissions help me keep the lights on and the wolf away from the door so I can keep giving you great local content. Thank you!
I need a new pair of Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II ladies’ trousers. My last (and only) 2 pairs of Kiwi Pro II trousers are simply too big for me, thanks to a regimen of coastal walks, @growwithjo exercise videos, and (the most likely reason) more than a few episodes where they were frankly boil-washed.
As I’m on the market for a new pair, I thought it would be a could juncture to provide a 2023 review of the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro and Kiwi Pro II trousers that have been a wardrobe staple for me for years. I noticed online that there are many reviews of a brand new pair of trousers but no Craghoppers trousers review from someone who wears them. Here is a look at my Craghoppers Kiwi Trousers tested and reviewed in 2023!
>>CLICK HERE TO BUY THE CRAGHOPPERS KIWI PRO DIRECT FROM CRAGHOPPERS<<
An authentic Craghoppers Kiwi Pro review from a real customer
How it started…
>>Check out the Kiwi Pro II in Mid-Khaki<<
How it’s going…
As you can see from the rather tired-looking pair in the photo (purchased in 2020), I am a well-qualified, authoritative Craghoppers reviewer. I rely on their outstanding range of outdoor wear to stay comfortable yet pulled together when doing anything from:
- Walking on the SW coastal path
- Climbing cliffs
- Lounging about at home
- Digging up potatoes
- Being accosted by my neighbour’s slobbery shaggy dogs!
- Hitting the shops for an afternoon with friends
- Doing the weekly supermarket shop
- Wading through the sea (and being buried in sand)
- Working out (leggings were in the wash)
…and yep, I’ve even slept in them!
Craghoppers is a good British brand that is almost 60 years old. It was founded by outdoor clothing pioneers Brian Gaskin and Roy Holmes and has built up a strong reputation for quality and performance. Craghoppers was bought out by Regatta in the 1990s and has remained a respected brand in its own right.
I wear Craghoppers because the clothes look extremely tidy despite requiring zero ironing. Read more about my love for the Craghoppers brand in my article: 7 reasons why Craghoppers is the best [outdoor] clothing brand!
Bottom line: What I really think about Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II trousers
The secret to the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro compared to other outdoor trousers is the added stretch. Not only does it make your trousers super comfortable, but you also get a decent fit – which is great if you’re shapely. These Craghopper’s trousers solve a major problem for many women and one which put me off wearing anything but wide-leg trousers for a long time.
This trouser has a comfortable rise so it will get right over your hips. The moderate stretch is extremely flattering to your thighs and calves. The Kiwi Pro also has a decent number of belt loops meaning you won’t have gaping areas or the belt riding up if you wear your trousers with a belt.
In addition, they wash well, hold their shape over years, and come in tasteful colors that coordinate well with a range of tops, shirts, and tees. If you work in hospitality or healthcare, the black pair would be excellent for long days when you’re on your feet. The fabric is breathable for summer but keeps the worst of the weather out in the cooler months too!
A closer look at the Craghoopper Kiwi Pro II trousers
Key features of the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II stretch trousers
|Average rating online||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Sizes available||8 to 20|
|Leg lengths available||Short (S) – 28 inches |
Regular (R) – 31 inches
Long (L) – 33 inches
|Number of pockets||3 lined pockets with concealed zip|
Sunglasses wipe on a loop
Toggles on the zip slider
|Material||96% polyamide4% elastane|
|UV-resistant?||✅✅✅ (UPF 50+)|
|Sustainable?||250g of recycled material (71%) used to make these trousers|
>>CLICK HERE TO BUY THE CRAGHOPPERS KIWI PRO DIRECT FROM CRAGHOPPERS<<
Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II trousers product description
Craghopper Kiwi Pro II are walking trousers for women that have been specifically designed to keep you comfortable and protected from the elements on your travels. Unlike many pairs of walking trousers, the Kiwi Pro II trousers don’t have an elasticated waist. Instead, you get a fixed waist with hardwearing 8 belt loops.
>>Take a closer look at the Kiwi Pro II trouser, available in 8 colours<<
Craghoppers have kept these trousers lightweight, without compromising UV protection (UPF 50+), water resistance or insect resistance. The unique polyamide elastane fabric is woven with a fabric density that is adequate to protect you while keeping you cool as you exert yourself.
The flat panel pocket strip the bulk that is typical around the hips on walking trousers. The concealed zips keep your essentials secure. Craghoppers trousers also come with heel tape that really keeps their trousers in good condition. The heel tapes have protected the hem on my Kiwi Pro II trousers as well as my husband’s trousers and the children’s.
Pros of the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II Women’s walking trousers
- Great colours: One of the things that attracted me to Craghoppers was the smart contemporary colours. I use my Desert Sand pair in place of chinos with a cute Breton top in the summer. The Khaki green is understated enough for everyday wear.
- Good value for money: These trousers are great value and perform just as well as premium brands like Patagonia. Keep an eye out for the amazing discounts and sales where you can bag a pair for under £30!
- Highly durable clothes: I am only replacing my 3-year-old pair of trousers because I lost weight, otherwise there is zero wrong with them. They appear to be indestructible!
- Drips dry: These trousers are easy on your laundry costs. They come out of the washing machine almost dry and are ready to wear after a couple of hours of airing.
- No ironing: You never need to iron Craghoppers clothing – it is 100% wrinkle-free.
- Travels well: These walking trousers are lightweight and pack well.
This black pair of Kiwi Pros are smart and comfortable option for work.
>>Check out Kiwi Pro II in black<<
Cons of the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II Women’s walking trousers
- Not trendy: The cut of these trousers is extremely feminine but not styled like hipster, kick-flare, bootleg, or chino trousers. However, it can be dressed up and its flattering silhouette would mean that no one would know you’re wearing walking trousers!
- Desert Sand trousers can become discoloured: As you may see in the photo below, my Desert Sand trousers (my absolute favorite) suddenly became discoloured after a very long time – not sure why?
You can see the original color on the heel tape – maybe I threw something dark-colored in the wash
Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II trousers FAQs
What’s the difference between Kiwi Pro and Kiwi Pro II?
The difference between Kiwi Pro and Kiwi Pro II is that Kiwi Pro II is an updated more sustainable trouser made with recycled bottles (see the table above). The cut and fit of Kiwi Pro and Kiwi Pro II are identical.
Are there Craghoppers Kiwi Pro waterproof men’s trousers?
Craghoppers do a men’s Craghoppers Kiwi Pro stretch trouser that is water-resistant but not fully waterproof. However, the Kiwi Classic has zero water resistance as it is cotton-rich.
Are Craghopper Kiwi Pro trousers waterproof?
I’ve found that my Kiwi Pro trousers will withstand a light shower, but I have been regularly drenched in Devon downpours.
Where is Craghoppers made?
Craghoppers and Regatta clothing is made in China.
I am looking forward to refreshing my wardrobe with a couple of new pairs of Craghoppers Kiwi Pro II trousers. Actually, the whole family will be buying these trousers! This is the beauty of Craghoppers – mama doesn’t need to shop around 😉